– RSW has the following advantages:
– Greater speed of cooling
– Reduced stress on the fish
– Lower holding temperature possible
– Quicker handling of large quantities of fish with little delay or labor involvement
– By having 0 to -2 degree Celsius RSW Systems maintains the quality of fishes and prevents degeneration through bacterial action.
– Improves the quality of fishmeal through better grade raw materials
– Reduced quantities of catch with better quality means higher prices which give higher profit in international market.
– RSW system is the most cost effective method that are being used for preserving the fishes until the arrival at harbour.
– RSW system provides the benefit of not carrying the heavy load ice blocks that also occupy space leading to the increase in consumption of fuel.
– As RSW system stands for Refrigerated Sea Water System, so according to its name it provides the quality fish products (canned seafood or fish meal) through refrigeration on board as well as off board.
– Low Value Output can be easily eliminated through RSW system because its only due to the melting of ice blocks that are being carried by the fishermen, when ice block melts they have to throw the good quantity of fishes to save at least small amount of fishes otherwise they have to return with spoiled fishes.
– Poor handing of fishes can also be avoided through the installation of RSW system in which the sea water is cooled to zero centigrade and the temperature is maintained until the fishes arrived at the harbour which also maintained freshness and hygiene of the fishes. RSW System can change the economic condition of the fishermen of Pakistan, and which will directly impact on the economy of Pakistan through exporting high quality fishes around the globe.